Hello everyone! One of the questions that we asked before booking our California trip was:
“Is the LA to San Francisco drive on the Pacific Coast Highway worth it?”
I am here to tell you that it is! If you’ve been reading my previous posts, we traveled from LA to Santa Barbara to Monterey before heading to San Francisco.
The drive was a long one, especially because we stopped to enjoy what each place had to offer. We had to time ourselves perfectly to make sure that we didn’t arrived at our pitt stop before sun down and managed to see some amazing views along the way.
In this post, I would like to share with you some of my favourite photos on this scenic route and some tips that I hope will help you out.
My tips for the Pacific Coast Highway Drive are:
- Use Googlemaps to plan your itinerary. It will give you close to accurate timing between each cities.
- Research the villages along the highway and select just a few that you think you will enjoy. Do not try to do all of them if you have a limited time.
- Make sure that you get to your pitt stop or hotel on time. Some hotels do not have a 24 hour front desk and restaurants may also close early.
- Highway US-1 and California-1 split up at one point during the drive. California-1 has the scenic route so try to use this route where possible. If you want to get to your next destination faster, you can always use less scenic Highway US-1 as it is a freeway. We did that when we realised that we had limited time to get from Moonstone Beach to San Francisco by dark.
For those who are interested in reading more about the drive, click here for my previous posts.
You can also check out these posts which is where we took our inspiration from:
- From National Geographic’s Drive of a Lifetime series
- Driver Abroad provides some great tips about specific pitt stops and potential road closures
- Karen provides recommended places to stay, weather advice and scenic hot spots
What has been your favourite road trip? Comment below and share your post!
Want to read more about exciting travel adventures?
To continue reading about my US trip, click on the subscribe button to the right of this page and follow me on twitter! Let’s connect!
I finally created a facebook page! For on the minute travel pics & adventures, please like & share https://t.co/nl3QVawsZZ
— Christine (@part_of_myworld) July 8, 2013
I will be blogging every day during the month of July for the Ultimate Blog Challenge. If you are interested in generating more traffic for your blog or just having more fun with it, then feel free to join! It’s absolutely free so why not challenge yourself.
Join me on the…